Not only is social media my job, it’s a subject that I enjoy learning about in my spare time. So, you could say that I spend a lot of time on social media platforms (probably too much, lol). Here are some of the things on my social media wish list that I would love to see implemented in Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Scheduling! I foresee it in the future with their latest addition of drafts, but sooner rather than later would be appreciated. Facebook is all about creating multiple apps for things that could be done in one app, so I’m sure they’ll create an Instagram scheduling app.
- Clickable links in the caption – how is this not a thing yet?!
- Lists like Twitter so you can filter your feed to specific accounts. This is especially important with the new algorithm…
- Speaking of that algorithm, please bring back the chronological timeline! Or at least the option to choose between the two.
- The ability for non-business users to see statistics.
- Being able to seamlessly switch between accounts is something that Snapchat needs to do in order to compete with Instagram.
needs a major facelift…
- Users still can’t post videos natively.
- Internal page stats aren’t great.
- You can’t switch easily between profiles & pages to comment on/like posts.
- Being able to clone or duplicate ads would make my job easier.
- A company pages app similar to Facebook Pages app. Managing a company page on LinkedIn is a nightmare for engagement.
My hobby should be to learn how to be an engineer or coder so I can make these changes myself… Do you have any social media wish list items that should be added?